Monday, January 25, 2010

warm mittens

I'm making these for my sister-in-law's niece who insisted on light pink and black stripes because "those are the only colors that look good on me and I like stripes." It reminds me of a bumble bee on Pepto Bismol but I'm not 6 with a clear fashion sense.


I used this basic cuff up mitten pattern and modified it a bit so there are two layers for extra warmth.


I made the inner mitten per the pattern instructions and ran a piece of waste yarn through the purl side on the last row of ribbing. Once I finished the mitten, I picked up those stitches and knit the outer mitten, minus the ribbing of course. I went up a needle size for the outer mitten so it would fit over the inner mitten without having to add stitches. I'm lazy that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com