Thursday, January 28, 2010

felted bag





I'm sure there is a "right" way to do the lining but this is how I did it:

1. Lay fabric right sides together and trace the bag. Cut along the tracings. Fold the top edge under, wrong sides together and press.


2. Sew the top.


3. Pin right sides together and stitch around the sides and bottom.


4. Sew lining to bag.



I'm still on the hunt for a handle.

Pattern: Formal Boot Bag pattern on Knitting Daily (here is the link to it on Ravelry)

Yarn: Wellspring Woolens yarn in Fieldstone, bought at The Yarnery. Here is a great review of the yarn. Within the last several months, I realize yarn comes from sheep who may not be treated that well, especially when it comes to the mass produced yarn (google mulesing, for example). I am an avid user of cruelty-free products so I'm not sure why I didn't have this "aha" moment sooner. So...I'm working through my existing stash of yarn and anything new must be cruelty-free. I love that Wellspring Woolens is soft, local - to me anyway - and cruelty-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com