Thursday, September 18, 2008

Progress on the home front


We're making some good progress on Jason's new office. We finished the ceiling and painted over the hideous yellow. Jason picked a manly shade of gray-beige-green called Knitting Needles. I went to Sherwin Williams to get the paint where I'm known as the lady who gets the Harmony paint (their no-VOC line). How sad is it that the local paint store knows us because we're in there so often? We -- well, mainly I -- really need to break my painting addiction! Um, but not before I re-paint the living room. I'm a bit sick of the color we've had for 2 years, I found the PERFECT gray-beige color and SW is having a 20% off sale this weekend. :)


We got the laminate floor at Lumber Liquidators. We had a fairly small selection to choose from since we're installing it over concrete so we ended up with Dream Home Nirvana in mohagony. The floor is fairly quick to put down, once you figure out the first couple rows. We finished half the 10' x 10' room in a couple hours. Not too bad for our first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com